To obtain a copy of Journey to a Mountain, please visit http://www.grbooks.com or see Shop on this website. Details also on home page.
To invite the author, Michael V. Day, to give an illustrated presentation about the book at an event, please email:
These presentations will be lively, full of interesting information and great photos, interactive questions answered and will have amusing moments where appropriate.
Workshops for extended discussions are also an option.
1. Talk at a summer or winter school
2. Private residence coffee evening for groups numbering about 30 plus (already proven to be popular. See: https://www.facebook.com/pg/journeytoamountain/photos/?tab=album&album_id=310046826121102
3. Talk at a Baha'i Centre
4.Talk to the wider community
5. Interactive talk at children’s/JY or youth camp
6. Media interviews
1. Bicentennial of the Birth of the Bab (2019): The establishment of the Shrine of the Bab was a major priority of the Founder of the Baha'i Faith, Baha'u'llah, of 'Abdu'l-Baha and Shoghi Effendi. It remains so for the Universal House of Justice. Why?
2.The material made spiritual: The Shrine of the Bab.
3. Exciting findings from the research that led to Journey to a Mountain and Coronation on Carmel and Volume 3 (about the Terraces project) available in April, 2019.
4. A beacon of peace in a region of conflict: the Shrine of the Bab, how it was built and what it stands for in today's world.
5. The story of the Shrine of the Bab (1850-2011).
6. Key people involved in the story of the Shrine of the Bab (1850-2011).
1. The historian as detective-- finding the clues to tell the story of the Shrine of the Bab.
2. Heroes: the builders of the Shrine; youth building a world community.
1. The exciting story of the Shrine of the Bab.
Topics can be requested, including combinations of those listed above.